Every year, I lament over the fact that I have not attended San Diego Comic-Con. The end of July rolls around, and I just sit in front of my laptop and watch as thousands enjoy all of the cool things that are happening. Each time, I tell myself that I’ll try to go next year, but here I am: sitting in front of my laptop, lamenting to the Internet how I’ll miss the fun yet again.
This time around, though, I am going to try my best to keep my mind off SDCC. Over the weekend, I compiled a list of things to do to distract from all of they hype, exclusives, and fun that will happen at Comic-Con. If you’re in the same boat as I am, you will benefit from the tips I’m about to provide. Hopefully you’ll find some of them helpful!
HOW TO KEEP YOUR MIND OFF SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON
15) Start a new DIY project. The longer it takes, the better.
14) Work on your Christopher Walken impression.
13a) Step up your dance game.
13b) Buy shark costume.
12) Count how many times you blink in a minute.
11) Take up woodburning.
10) Build an alter to honor your OTP.
9) Test drive cars at your local dealership.
8) Learn how to play Jeff Goldblum’s laugh from Jurassic Park.
7) Stare directly into the sun.
6) Binge-watch a show that won’t have a panel at SDCC.
5) Play Lisa Loeb’s “Stay” on repeat until you cry yourself into reverse osmosis.
4)Build a model of Boaty McBoatface in a bottle. Display accordingly.
3) Create a Pokemon Go! empire by taking down the local gym leaders with all the Rattatas and Weedles that were overlooked.
2) Write sad poems in your journal.
1) Make a cat collage comprising of your favorite Internet kitties.
Okay, so maybe these aren’t the best tips. But hey, at least this took your mind off Comic-Con! If you have any tips on how you keep yourself occupied during this trying time, let me know in the comments below! And remember: sharing is caring. If you liked this post, then spread the love.
Life was meant to be lived nerdily, so what are you waiting for?