Girls Rule! | Marvel Collector Corps Unboxing

I’m not big into subscription boxes, but when I saw that Marvel Collector Corps had a Women of Power box,  I had to have it. Some of my favorite superheroes are the ladies of Marvel, and I was thrilled that these women would be spotlighted. So, I succumbed to the subscription box madness–just this once.

Can you hear the choir of angels singing?

The results blew any expectations I had out of the water. When my box arrived earlier this week, I found it to be rather hefty (a good sign). The actual box was beautiful: it was emblazoned with illustrations of Thor, Captain Marvel, Spider Gwen, and other powerful ladies. Opening the first flap revealed a Ms. Marvel patch and a Spider Woman pin. I was so glad they used Kamala Khan’s Ms. Marvel on the patch. The next flap revealed a bounty of goodies. Not only was there a Spider Gwen t-shirt and a Civil War II #1 variant cover, but there were three bobble heads by Funko: a Pop! Vinyl of Squirrel Girl and Tippy Toe, and two mini ones of She-Hulk and Captain Marvel. I was blown away!

The information card that came with the box detailed all of the time and consideration that went into curating this box. That made the box all the more special to me. And, of course, the cool things were a nice touch. There was just one more thing I had to do with my new swag: I had to introduce the newbies to the rest of my collection.

Okay, so I play with toys. Don’t judge me!

The next Marvel Collector Corps box will feature Spider-Man goodies. Since I’m not a big Spidey buff, I won’t be getting that box, but I will seriously consider getting another one if I like the theme. You’re truly getting your money’s worth out of one box.

What did you think of the Women of Power box? Do you like what you got? Do you wish they featured a different lady? Let’s nerd out in the comments! And remember: sharing is caring. If you like this post, then spread the love!

Life was meant to be lived nerdily, so what are you waiting for?

Remember! You can snag some awesome swag on Jordandene.com for 25% off! Just use code “NERDILYBLOG” at checkout! Hurry! This coupon expires June 30th!

Advertisements

9 Comments Add yours

1. mckelodeon says:

Thanks! I’m glad I got it!

1. kaycreate says:

I too thought this box was a great one! I’m also skipping out on Spidey as I’m not a big fan, and neither is the hubs, but I’m excited to see what October’s theme is. I’m thinking it may be Doctor Strange since that comes out in November.

Liked by 1 person

1. mckelodeon says:

Ooh maybe! I have to study up on him.

2. Danielle @ From Girlie to Nerdy says:

Awesome box! I think the Squirrel Girl Pop is so cute!

Liked by 1 person

1. mckelodeon says:

Thanks! I love the Squirrel Girl Pop! Especially since it comes with Tippy Toe!

Liked by 1 person

3. nmiller00 says:

Catching up on posts and saw this one. I loved my Marvel Box. We flip the box around between my family on who gets what. I was happy that I could call dibs on this entire box. Loved it!

Liked by 1 person

1. mckelodeon says:

It was a good one! There’s going to be a women of DC box, too.

Liked by 1 person

1. nmiller00 says:

I forgot about that! I need to sign up for the DC box too.

Liked by 1 person

Ready to Nerd Out? Join the discussion!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s