Happy Leap Day!
Today is a good day. Leo’s finally won the Oscar, the weather’s turning, and we’re about to embark into the month of March! New month, new outlook! I feel bad that I have been a little absent from the blogging scene, but February was rough.
For those who don’t know, I’ve been working two part-time jobs since I graduated. I’ve taken on more hours at one of them, meaning that my weekend time is taken up with retail hell. On top of that, I’ve been in a writing and confidence slump. (I’ve been coping by binge-watching Star Trek: TNG.) Because of this, I have neglected the site. But, yesterday I woke up early, my eyeliner was on point, and it was a lovely 60 degrees here in Chicagoland. I figured that was the positive push I needed. Also, I have been working on some exciting, new projects for the blog! It’s gonna be big.
So, here are the announcements:
- I am SO close to finishing my female Data cosplay. I am beyond thrilled to test everything out altogether within the next few weeks
- With the help of some incredible female geek bloggers, Nerd•ily will host its first official guest posts for C2E2 Week! Thanks to ladies like Spokette of Nerdette at Large, dePepi, and Jordan of the geek clothing line Jordandené, we’re going to make convention season great! Make sure you stick around for these amazing posts!
- It’s the month of C2E2! My absolute FAVORITE con! This year, I’m going to try my best to make it to more panels, including the Star Trek 50th Anniversary Celebration panel. I will also have the pleasure of meeting fellow bloggers IRL!
- I have a been waiting to debut one of my most involved projects on Nerd•ily, and that moment is about to arrive! Believe me, you’ll know it when you see it.
- Nerd•ily is 30 followers away from reaching 200! Holy cats! We hit 100 just a few months ago, and we’re still growing every day. It would be amazing to hit this next milestone in March. If you like the site, or any of the social media pages, then please share with your friends! Together, we’ll help this awesome community grow.
Are you peeing your pants with anticipation? Good, me too!* Let’s make March great, Nerds!
Life was meant to be lived nerdily, so what are you waiting for?
*WARNING: Nerd•ily does not condone the act of consciously peeing your pants due to excitement or anticipation. Any pants-wetting is solely the fault of the pants-wetter, and not mckelodeon’s or Nerd•ily’s. Please contain yourself.