After consulting fellow bloggers on the recent WordPress Community Pool, I am now wrestling with the decision to change my domain name (the part that precedes .wordpress.com). I’m incredibly proud of what I’ve accomplished so far in my six months running the site, and I think that my blog can grow with more effort and upgrades. So now I’ve stumbled upon a conundrum: do I change the domain or not?
Be advised that if I do change it, nerdilyblog.wordpress.com will NO LONGER WORK. I might spring for a redirect function for a while, but again, that’s a decision that needs to be made on my part. If I do decide to change the domain, I will make a post before so those following will be advised. I’ll also try to send emails to each and every one of you so that you can be advised. I don’t know how much the change will affect, but I’ll try to do as much damage control as possible.
Again, I’ll notify EVERYONE prior to the change and after if I do change the address. No matter what, my username (mckelodeon) will stay the same.