Haha! Get it? I made a funny.
Whether or not you make them, break them, or fake them—new year resolutions help us anticipate all the wonderful things that these next 12 months have to offer. For me, the New Year means new things to get excited about—from movies to conventions to cool events, I am definitely looking forward to what 2015 has to bring!
- Face Off Season Premiere—I don’t follow many shows, but Face Off is one of the lucky few. If you’re not aware, Face Off is a reality competition show on Syfy that takes aspiring special effects make-up artists from around the US and asks them to create various looks based on a different theme. Needless to say, it’s pretty awesome. Each season brings together amazing artists and fantastic looks, and I’ve been waiting for months for this new season to be aired. (January 13)
- Ratchet and Clank (Movie)—Based on one of my favorite video game series, this movie was alluded to in 2013, and since then I have been counting down the days. It’s only a matter of time before this dynamic duo is released on the silver screen. (Early 2015)
- C2E2—One of my favorite events to attend each year; C2E2 is a Chicago-based convention that provides an intoxicating blend of awesome costumes, cool swag, amazing artwork, and celebrity guests. It’s prom, but waaay better, and no awkward slow dancing. (April 24-26)
- Free Comic Book Day—I have heard about Free Comic Book Day for a long time, but I have never gone to go engage in such magnificence. Free comic books? Heck yes! This year, I hope to go and see what it’s all about. (May 2)
- Jurassic World—Not only is Jurassic Park one of my favorite movies (and book), but I have grown up with this movie franchise. It’s engraved in my very being. JP holds a very special place in my heart, so when the Jurassic World trailer first aired, I had chills. This will be the best graduation present Steven Spielberg could have ever given me…actually, it will be the only graduation gift that Steven Spielberg has ever given me. (June 12)
And this is just the beginning! Who knows what will be announced later on down the line? Stay tuned, lovelies.